View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post

Vinatieri dealt with a knee injury throughout most of camp and pre-season activities. He missed a good amount of time and there were a few rumors that he might miss the beginning of the regular season. But he healed up enough to be good enough to play in the third pre-season game, and when that went well was deemed "good to go" to play in the first regular season game.

There were reports early in the season that he was also dealing with a toe injury, as well.

I always thought that these injuries were screwing up his mechanics, and were at least part of the reason he has been so inconsistent this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

If most (or all) of this true, I would not count out the possibility of Vinatieri kicking in the NFL next season ........ whether it be with the Colts, or another team.

The scenario sounds mildly reminiscent to when Andrew Luck talked about how he rushed his rehab before and during the 2017 season, the season of which he missed completely ........ there were major differences between the two situations (such as the fact that Luck was much younger than Vinatieri is now, that he was a QB and Vinatieri is a kicker, and that his injuries were considerably more serious that were Vinatieri's), but the lack of patience with the rehab/recovery process is similar.

o
o

Considering the fact that he is now having season-ending surgery, I suppose that it's safe to presume that at least some (if not all) of that injury talk was true.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck