Thread: Adam Vinatieri
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 02:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Nostalgia will only get you so far. In the NFL you are paid to win games. Right now he is not doing that, or contributing to winning games. They cut friggin Peyton Manning, Vinny is not beyond approach. It is a what have you done for me lately business. Right now he hasn't done much.

I am a huge Adam fan, have one of his jersey's and he will go down as the greatest kicker in history. Every athlete wants to ride off in the sunset as a champion, but that is a rarity. Most go out making a mockery of their once great career. I don't want to see him degrade himself on the way to the hall of fame.
It's not nostalgia for me. I honestly don't really care about kickers and I think it is a little silly to have one as your main captain. But I appreciate the security a good one gives you.

But to me it's like saying we're gonna replace Tiger Woods with a golf pro from the local country club. I would rather ride Woods and hope he gets his swing back. We have had some good kickers over the years, we may find out what most other teams go through with their kicking woes.