View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 07:58 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I may be wrong but my understanding was that Ballard had only two windows to meet with McDaniels.....the first was during their bye week during wildcard week, which is when he went to Boston and did the first interview. The second window is the week between the afccg and the Super Bowl. This is the week they were targeting for second interviews if they decided they need a second round. With today's leaks I don't know that they'd be interviews per se but more discussion. Again, I may be wrong but that's what I understood to be the process so that they wouldn't be tampering with another teams coach that is still under contract. If anyone knows differently please chime in.

Here you go Jesus...it's a couple of years old but clearly states the process so as to stay cleanly on the right side of the anti-tampering rules. It's exactly as I remembered. http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...re_a_head.html
That is only in regards to interviews. They aren't prohibited otherwise from talking to someone.