View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 06:59 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Let me repeat this again. Mewhort will not be playing at RT.
I know that and I agree.

I added it in the end because I did not want to hear "but why would we let a 2nd round draft pick sit the bench!?!?" I don't think he can play on the edge but I am also not an NFL O-Line coach like Tom Simpson was and I really don't know for sure what Mewhort's skill sets are. I know what I see on TV but...

Anyway, what little film I saw on the UDFA OT we just signed after rookie camp looks interesting. Yeah, Div II school and all but his feet and hand fighting looked the part.

Starters = 'Stanzo / Nelson / Kelly / Smith / Howard (see, I was able to put it in writing AGAIN)

Depth = Haeg / Good / Mewhort / Slausson / ???

If we keep 10 O-Linemen on the active roster, there is one spot open for someone else to fill. It could be just about anyone else on the roster as I see no one that I would say is a front-runner with the possible exception of Deshawn Bond.

However, Bond is limited to the interior positions and I would guess that an O-Line coach would want another dude like Haeg or Good who could swing from OT to OG if needed.

Good place to be, Freaks! Our depth O-Line actually has alot of names on it that I would not mind were spot starters. It has been a LONG time since that has been the case.

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (06-11-2018)