View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 06:04 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

On several occasions, I have said that one of my football mentors when I was a kid taught me that anytime you start a football team at the professional level, you always start with the offensive line ...... not the quarterback, not the special teams, not the running backs, and not the defensive secondary. The reason being is that without at least a decent offensive line, you have nothing. Perhaps if you have a quarterback who can scramble like a madman (Fran Tarkenton, Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Roger Staubach) you can compensate for a lousy offensive line, but only to a certain extent.

Well, the Colts already appear to have an (at least) above average offensive line. In a super-small sample size in the playoff game against the Bills, they did an excellent job even without the newly retired Anthony Castonzo, who missed the game after having had ankle surgery. And now, we appear to have an (at least) very sufficient quarterback in Carson Wentz ...... so, does Ballard make what already seems to be a strong aspect of the team even stronger, and draft an offensive lineman with the team's 1st-round pick at # 21 ??? Or does he have something else in mind, feeling that the team has other, more pressing needs in some other area ??? The fact that the Colts traded their 3rd-round draft pick in 2021 could mean that they really need make those first 2 draft picks count. Stay tuned, it should be extremely interesting.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck