View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 09:29 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Yea that's what I was thinking. If Quinnen Williams is the next Aaron Donald, he would have a huge impact on this defense - and if it costs us a couple of draft picks and a player like Brissett, it would be worth it IMO.
Absolutly not worth it.

"A couple of draft picks...." is a huge understatement. The deal that was bantered about earlier was:

Swap of 1st round picks this year.
Give both our 2nd round picks this year.
Give our 1st round pick next year.
Give Jacoby Brissett.

That about right?

Ballard picked an All-Pro off the ball Linebacker in the 2nd round this year.
Ballard picked a starting calibre right Offensive Tackle in the 2nd round this year.
Ballard picked a generational talent at Offensive Guard in the 1st round this year.

Giving away that many chances at good to superior players in order to draft ONE player with superior potential is the way franchises are run into the ground.

I don't care is Quinnen Williams is the 2nd coming of J.J. Watt, Aaron Donald and Reggie White combined, he is one injury away from being out of football. He is one bad decision away from being in jail. He is one targeted catfish sting away from being in legal trouble. He is one video game console from being addicted so much that he walks away from football (I could not resist).

I would MUCH rather see what Ballard can do with those four draft picks as is (plus potentially a 5th draft pick if someone comes calling for Brissett with a 2nd round pick) rather than roll it all into ONE guy who may or may not play up to his potential.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Butter (02-19-2019), Puck (02-19-2019), Racehorse (02-19-2019), smitty46953 (02-19-2019)