View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 07:32 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,663 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I can see him sticking with Brissett. Ballard has been extremely conservative in nearly all of his moves. I don’t see him pursuing Bridgewater as a FA - he’s going to get a good contract. That’s risky. I don’t see him trading up as that is a significant risk as well. If he’s in love with someone at 13 he’ll pull the trigger. Other than that I believe Ballard when he says he’s not going to panic and set the team back by making a mistake. I’m not saying that’s the right path, but I’d be surprised if it’s not the one he takes. Hope I’m wrong.
I hope you're wrong, too. I see Ballard's approach as methodical and aware of the fact that a franchise QB is necessary for consistent success in the modern NFL. He's not going to overreact and sell himself on someone who won't fit the bill, nor should he. However, I do see him doing what it takes to get the guy he thinks will be able to take the team to the next level, should that opportunity present itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Honestly with our O-line and Reich as a coach I like our chances with any QB not named Hoyer
Briskett got exposed once NFL defenses got tape on him. This team needs a better QB.

Last edited by Dam8610; 01-02-2020 at 07:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-02-2020)