View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 07:17 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
On April 28, 2018, Anderson was traded to the New York Jets in exchange for a seventh round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.[10]
So if rookie LB Zaire Franklin does anything for the Colts in the next year or two......

I loved Anderson his rookie year before injury. However, where he is now shows that he is no longer the player that he was. Tragic.....

I liked Hankins last year but I understand that he did not look terribly great in the Jets 4-3. He is a 3-4 player and did a solid job for us last year. However, the fact that he is still sitting on the bench waiting to get offered a solid contract.....

I am having to downgrade my earlier prediction of regular season wins from the 9-11 range down to the 7-9 range based on our offense not looking nearly as strong as I had hoped for.

Our defense? About where I thought it was going to be or perhaps a bit ahead. Consider this:

Cornerback:

CB1s = Desir (5th year), Moore (2nd year)
CB2s = Wilson (2nd year)), Hairston (2nd year)
CB3s = Milton (3rd), Jackson (R)

Beyond Desir, none are off their "rookie" contract and the majority of our starters are 2nd year players.

Safeties:

SS/FS 1s: Geathers (4th year), Hooker (2nd year)
SS/FS 2s: Farley (3rd year), Green (3rd year)
SS/FS 3s: Martin (2nd year), Cooper (Rookie)

Even though Geathers is a "4th year" player, he is really a 3rd year player based on games played (29, less than 2 full seasons). Everyone else? Young as heck.

Linebackers:

WSLB/MLB/SSLB 1s: Leonard (Rookie), Walker (2nd year), Goode (7th year)
WSLB/MLB/SSLB 2s: Tyrell Adams (Rookie), Moore (Rookie), Matthew Adams (Rookie)
WSLB/MLB/SSLB 3s: George (4th year), Zaire Franklin (Rookie), NONE

So, for our entire defense backend (LB / S / CB), we have two players with more than 3 seasons played in the league:

CB Piere Desir, 5th year, 33 games played, 13 games started (2 years played, less than 1 year starter)
LB Najee Goode, 7th year, 64 games played, 4 games started (4 seasons played, few starts)

This is a YOUNG defense on the backend. There is a lot of room to make mistakes but there is also a lot of room for growth.

We will see. Leonard looks like a star in the making. Hooker is a play maker. Desir/Moore/Hairston/Wilson look solid to good. If Greathers can stay healthy, he can make an impact.

I am looking forward to see how it all gels. We may still be bottom of the league but I would not bet on it.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (08-27-2018), Oldcolt (08-27-2018), Racehorse (08-28-2018)