View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 08:29 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Almost everything is dependent upon whether or not we need a left tackle. If we need a left tackle due to an early retirement you trade up and go get one. Because it doesn’t matter who will be playing quarterback if you get steamrolled every dog on time he goes back to throw.

If Costanzo decides to stay then you trade up if the quarterback that you want is still there within reach in the first six pics.

If the quarterback you really wanted goes really early, can you trade up so that you can get the best pass rusher in the draft who still available.

The Colts have a lot of pics and they have a lot of leverage to go get whoever they want. And I know this may sound crazy but if Drew Brees is hanging around he might want to come back to Indiana I’m not saying I’m just saying
We don’t need to trade up for an LT. There are plenty in this draft. Unless you want the very best one. But we could sit at 13 or even trade down and still get a decent LT in this draft. We could get one in the 2nd, might be more of a gamble. But that’s how many there are this draft.

But everything starts with that QB position. If they trade up, it’s for a QB. If we stay with JB, and don’t draft one, then it’s a rebuild year and probably embracing mediocrity again. If they like love, they might be able to trade back a little and get him. But it starts to get risky there. You fuck around too much and someone will jump in front of you and take your guy. And yeah there is the FA vet route as well. That is a win now proposition.

If they stick with JB and Castonzo retire, we probably draft LT
If we stick with JB and Castonzo stays, we probably draft DT
If we go FA vet QB and Castonzo leaves, we probably draft LT
If we go FA vet QB and Castonzo stays, we probably draft WR

Or we go after a QB in the draft

Last edited by Chromeburn; 02-14-2020 at 08:32 PM.