View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Ebron picked up as the game went along, and ostensibly played pretty well. And while I think DET fans were ridiculously hard on him, there's still something about his game that bothers me. I haven't quite figured it out. I get the impression -- making clear this is just an IMPRESSION and I don't know the on-field reality or what's really going through his head -- that he just doesn't sell out on plays. There have been a few balls he could have given himself a chance to catch that he didn't, a few routes he could have run through, a few times he could have bodied a DB and didn't.

And right when I'm getting frustrated, he makes a great grab or bodies a DB.

So I can't figure it out. He looked better between the 20s last night than he has previously, but for now, I'd say: great RZ weapon, but not appreciably better than Swoope between the 20s.
I think Ebron is our best weapon with Hilton out. I think his drops are blown a little out of proportion. And he fights the negativity that cling to him from Detroit. How many times did the announcers talk about it. Edelman dropped a huge pass, their WRs dropped passes, Gronk fumbles, our WRs dropped and fumbled. Ebron is not the problem imo, the WRs need to pick it up. They are the problem.

He made some great grabs. Was overthrown a couple times. He had that first drop for a first down he never would have gotten. But after that I thought he looked great. He has been scoring touchdowns for us and has been healthy. LBs can’t stay with him and he goes over the top of corners, he has been getting open consistently.

So far he has been doing well for us and his contribution is much more than any of our other receiving threats. Don’t know what the problem is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-05-2018)