View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I am starting to see some tidbits thrown out there by football reports about the 2018 draft. Throw them out there for discussion if you think they fit.

To start, from Peter King's 19 March MMQB:

Which means picking up 2 additional selections in the top 50 like Ballard did with his trade to the Jets was pretty important for the team rebuild.

Also, specific to the Colts:

Thoughts? If either Chubb or Nelson are still on the board at #6, I would nab them.

However, if you are in the camp that there are only about 70 starter quality guys in the draft, then getting a 6th pick in the top 70 by trading down is pretty big. We have 5 already but by trading down to about #8 or #9, you could end up getting another late 2nd round or early 3rd round pick. You probably miss out on Chubb or Nelson but there are a lot of other good looking guys in the next tier down.

Thoughts?

Walk Worthy,
My thought is the gap between Chubb and the next best defender is too great to trade down again. They have to stay put for Chubb if he's there, Tampa will take him at 7 if the Colts trade down again. If Chubb is somehow not there at 6, then you can trade down.