Thread: Pagano Watch
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 12:18 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
A roster purge is interesting, but the more I think about it...

QB-Okay lets just pray that this position isn’t overhauled. But Luck being so healthy to the point that the Colts feel comfortable dealing with Brissett would obviously be a very positive development and one that would contribute to a “housecleaning.”

RB-Gore is very obviously gone. Mack should be back, but I don’t think he’s shown enough to be definitive RB1. Turbin and Ferguson are both probably gone too. Likely “housecleaning.”

WR- Hilton will probably stay, but I’m guessing Moncrief/Aiken/Rogers are all gone. I’ll call this position a “housecleaning”

TE- Doyle will stay, Brandon Williams is dead and Erik Swoope is on Year 15 of him being one year away from being ready. This’ll be a housecleaning after Doyle.

OL-Castonzo and Kelly seem safe. Mewhort will be a UFA, and I’m not sure we’d bother, Particularly if we have a new a coaching staff, “knows the system” won’t be at all relevant. No one else at OL impresses me enough to be handed a starting job next year. 3/5 new starters constitutes a housecleaning I suppose, though I’m a bit skeptical they’ll go to quite that degree.

DL- I’d actually keep most of these guys. Hankins, Woods, Anderson, and Hunt have all been good. You can add some more depth obviously, but I’d keep the core. Though I also wouldn’t be opposed to a Sheldon Richardson addition. But I don’t think this will be a “housecleaning”

OLB-I like Simon/Sheard, though I’d obviously love it if we could get some blue chip pass rusher. Again, augmenting the position, not “housecleaning” it.

ILB- Okay, yep, burn it down. Anyone that’s played ILB this year deserves a pink tag. They all suck. Houseclean this motherfucker.

CB-Hopefully the new coaching staff won’t weirdly bench Quincy Wilson. I suppose you could “houseclean the depth” but I was okay with Desir/Hairston/Melvin.

S-Geathers and Hooker seems like a potentially good Safety duo. Need to see more from Geathers, he’s understandly rusty now. Butler is very likely gone, I haven’t been overly impressed with his move to Safety and I like Butler. If they do decide that Geathers isn’t the starter of the future, move on from Butler, this will be a housecleaning of that individual spot.

I guess everyone can decide for themselves if the above would constitute a “housecleaning”.
You just listed over half of the roster under the “needs replaced” column. That is a housecleaning.