View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Yeah, I know. Lets just say there isnt a rookie Qb that the Colts are sold on. You sign (fill in the blank) and draft the best available O line man. You can trade that #4 pick for more picks and fill other holes.

If the Colts draft a rookie Qb with their first pick, and dont address the O line, they wont have a running game to help that rookie QB, and its Ground hog Day all over again.

Why has Brock Purdy succeeded? He is smart, protected the football, and the O has been terrific and they stay out of long yardage situations, by running the ball.
I appreciate the thought, but the success of Purdy has pushed me more onto the train that the Colts will have a rookie QB next season.

Yes, let's say that Colts management says "only Young and Stroud are worthy of a 1st round pick" and then both are off the board by the #4 pick which I think is highly likely.

Knowing Ballard, there is probably a high chance in that scenario that he trades down, stocks more picks and still get a non-QB quality player with a top ten pick.

However, now, he will be looking at a 2nd round or 3rd round pick rookie QB to come in and, most likely, suck it up next year for when there is a stronger QB class to choose from and we probably have a top five pick again.

And if your lower pick rookie QB pulls a Purdy? Well, that is just icing on the cake. You got your QB of the future with a not-top-ten pick which is brilliant.

Or, heck, for all I know, AR-15 is the Colts love child and he will definingly be there at #4!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
JAFF (01-27-2023)