View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 12:22 PM

Although I don't think he should be a head coach Anywhere in the league, this praise is sincere. It's my understanding that he is responsible for Bruce Arians getting an opportunity to resurrect his career after the powers that be had written him off and he had one foot out of the leagues doors on his way to retirement. By giving him the opportunity to come to the Colts and do what he did in the year that Pagano battled cancer, Chuck is singularly responsible for igniting life back into Bruce's career.........this was documented in one of those NFL network A Football Life stories and Bruce himself gives Chuck all the credit. This is why I think people that continue to pretend that Irsay screwed up in not "keeping Arians over Pagano" are really stupid. Even if it were good business (and it wouldn't be based on $ And public optics) there is no freaking way that Arians would put the knife in his friends back and accept a head coaching gig that Chuck was fired from on the heels of his cancer battle. Anyone that inspires this kind of loyalty from a friend is a high character kind of guy. With that said, I still believe that Chuckie needs to be fired yesterday. He's had 6 years.....we've seen his best and it's not good enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Puck (10-10-2017)