View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 07:40 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

If he does come back, it won’t be next season. It would be the season after ........ he's only been retired since August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post

Curious as to the logic here ??

o

If I may take the liberty of speaking for Hoopsdoc, I believe that he is implying that since Luck continued practicing with the team and did not make the decision to retire until right before the start of the 2019 season (late August), he has not physically, mentally, and emotionally had a full year off from football ...... for example, I remember when Randall Cunningham retired for one year immediately after the completion of the 1995 season, and then came back to play for the 1997 season after missing all of 1996 ...... but the difference is that Cunningham retired immediately after the 1995 season, so he subsequently was out of the game physically, mentally, and emotionally for a full year (unlike Luck, who retired at the very last minute prior to the start of the 2019 season.)

I'm not saying that I necessarily agree or disagree with Hoopsdoc's hypothesis, I'm simply explaining his logic on the matter ........ and if I am wrong in my presumption, my apologies to Hoopsdoc in advance.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck