View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Sacks and TFL. That's what you pay a DE to do. He was obviously rated so high b/c of his athletic traits and lack of premium pass rushers in this year's draft.

Also, here's a concerning quote on him from someone who knows what he's talking about:

Said McFarland: “I’m just concerned: Can Kwity Paye do it right now? He’s a very raw guy.

“Do the Colts need him next year? If they do, they better coach him up pretty quick and get his primary move and secondary move ready to go.”
Sacks and TFL are great, but really are not the be all and end all of performing your role on any given play. If the DE forced the running back to run inside and Buckner stuffs him for a 2 yard loss, Buckner gets the credit, but it was ultimately the DE who created the stop. There is so much more to this great game than whomever makes the splash plays. You need all 11 guys to do their jobs on a consistent basis, and from what I have seen and read that is what Paye has done throughout his career. Plus Paye only played 3 and a half games last year.

Is he going to be great? Who knows, I certainly don't, but I am willing to bet he tries his absolute damnedest on every single snap he plays and is generally assignment sound.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (04-30-2021), YDFL Commish (04-30-2021)