View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 11:38 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I am going to be optimistic with you here. It really depends on when the injury occurred. Piece a couple things together and Luck spilled the beans about two weeks ago when he said on July 31:

“I say lower leg because I feel pain in my ankle area and calf-strain,” Luc told reporters Tuesday. “I guess I’ll get a little specific – I’ve had images, X-rays and everything. My Achilles is not an extra risk. There is no tear or swelling or anything that’s indicated. So, it’s a calf-strain and we’re on our feet a lot.”

Key here is that pain in the ankle area AND calf-strain, as if two separate issues. Also, he mentions xrays and images separately. If were talking about a soft tissue injury like a calf strains, an xray would privde no insight into such. If you are getting an xray, there is a bone injury or they are looking for a bone injury.

Bone injuries take between 6-8 weeks to heal, as long as they are healing and don't need to be re-injured through surgery. If he doesnt require surgery, it's been healing for at least 2 weeks and he will be back around week 2-3. If he does require surgery, he will miss at least half the season.
Maybe they are looking for a bone spur, or maybe they are exploratory. I do know that doctors will pile on tests in order to figure something out. Partly because we live in a litigious society and they don't want to expose themselves to negligence. Luck has said he has played with way worse. I think the Colts want to get out of camp with as few injuries as possible and I think Luck cares more about week 1 than camp reps. I guess we will see, but I do think with the lack of other news this fills the vacuum, and that leads to conjecture and conspiracy theories.

Hopefully this isn't the case, I guess we will see.