View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Agree on QBs value being higher and sort of throwing out your chart - as long as he’s your guy and not just a guy. You mentioned the fans bitching because they think a QB is taken too higher and I agree with that as well. Part of my comments come from a similar place. If Ballard doesn’t address QB early plenty of fans are going to bitch. I just think that MAY be a valid decision if it’s based on the evaluation of the QBs available and not based on faith in JB being the solution going forward.
Initially it seems Burrow, Tua, and Herbert will be first-rounders. But a lot can change till April. There are some intriguing guys this draft Love, Mond, Eason, Fromm, the Wake forest kid. So it will be interesting how it pans out. And maybe they think a 2nd round QB is the way to go. It's not impossible to find one there, just you odds go down drastically for success once out of the first.

But yeah, fans read some draft guide and it says so-and-so should be drafted in the 45-60 ranges, then a team takes him at 20 and the fans freak out. Ultimately, if that is the guy and he pans out, doesn't matter if you took him higher than some people think he should have gotten.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-03-2019)