View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 08:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Why not, here's another dopey Kravitz imitation

Passing offense: B
No major complaints outside the TY drop (and I mean really, TY?), but it wasn't a dominating passing performance, just good enough. (and that INT where Alie-Cox should have fought a little harder for the ball, but he made it up for it later)

Rushing offense: B+
Did what we should have, but I was surprised to see fewer snaps for Hines after he did a lot last week. I noticed less success running outside than is typical for us, whether that is because it isn't Taylor's strength (in comparison to Mack who could really break those outside runs) or whether Taylor isn't reading those blocks as well, or whether its a strength of the Vikings defense. I'm leaning to the latter, since we could run right up the middle on them pretty well.

Passing defense: A-
Coverage was much improved, I'd still like to see more consistent pressure on the QB. But I'll take that stat line any day: 11/26, 113 yards, 4.3 YPA, 3 sacks, 3 INTs, 0 TDs.

Rushing defense: B
Good but still a lot of inconsistency on this d-line. 4.4 yards per attempt isn't great.

Special teams: A
That's 2 weeks that special teams gets the highest grade, though its not such a big deal this week. But perfect on kicks, good coverage, good enough returns.

Coaching: B-
I'm going to continue to put penalties on the coaches, at least for the most part. It was a better called game compared to the prev week, but still not perfect. Pass/run balance was good but then its easy to do that when you're leading and the run is working well. I'll hold judgment for when its a tougher opponent. I still get the sense that Reich tries to get cute at the complete wrong time.

Overall B
A win's a win, but the Vikings look like shit, so we'll see. Still a lot of projections had us 1-1 at this point, just different in terms of who we beat and who beat us. I'd rather have the edge in the division though.

I'll be curious to see how Tennessee looks vs Vikings next week. We get another bad team next week, do we play down to them or crush them? That will inform my reaction both to this team's potential as well as the coaches.

will Houston start 0-3? They've got an easier schedule down the road but that's tough to overcome, not sure they can handle the "first place schedule".
Wtf would the pass defense need to do to get an A or A+ from you? The opposing QB completed less than 50% of his passes, had less than 5 YPA, barely over 100 yards, threw 3 picks, and was sacked 3 times including a safety. If the Colts do that to every opposing QB the rest of the year, they will go 15-1 and win the Super Bowl. I doubt they will, but it shows how good the defensive performance was.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Pez (09-22-2020), Racehorse (09-24-2020)