View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 01:46 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,616 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I mean, that and the fact Rogers is a proven ~500 yard receiving guy against real NFL competition. That still matters.

Look, gun to head, I probably keep: Hilton, Funchess, Campbell (if not PUP'd?), Fountain, Cain, Pascal. Just because I believe the ST value of a Pascal > the ST value of a Hairston, for instance.

But it's a total crapshoot.
Rogers kinda had a raw deal last year because he was forced to play outside receiver and he had never done it before. He is better in the slot, but now he can play both in a pinch. The guys is what he is, a solid dependable receiver. It isn't sexy and he doesn't have some huge upside with crazy athletic ability, but they keep bringing in guys to beat him out and he is still here.

I like Pascal's run blocking more than his ST contributions. I just think ST's have been so neutered by the rules they should get rid of it, or figure out something that equals the onside kick. Returns and blocks are so rare now, there has to be a big breakdown for something to happen.

I would probably go with 6 guys, get Fountain and Cain on there simply because you have draft picks invested in them and to me those last 4 guys are a wash. See if you can get Pascal, Johnson on the practice squad. Although Hogan and Hart are more realistic candidates.