View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
As well as Luck is playing right now, he can be a lot better. He still seems to lock in on a receiver and regardless of whether he's open or not, instead of going through his progressions, he forces the throw. The deflection caught by Inman is a prime example. It could be that he still reacts to having little or no time, given the OLs history of being porous, so I'm hoping he starts to feel confident in going through his progressions in the future.
Agreed. And I’m confident it will come. He’s already protecting his body more and checking the ball down way more often (helped by play designs that give him a safety outlet). I think the OL play will definitely help, but I think a bigger part will be getting confidence in the other pass catchers. The main two targets I’ve seen him lock into have been TY and Doyle - historically his two most reliable options. And it often seems to happen on 3rd down where it’s a “need it” type play. Hopefully the team is mostly through their drop issues. Things like the Mo Alie-Cox TD catch and a couple of the Inman catches will go along way to solving the issue IMO.