View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
The upside to bringing in a RB, is that for an offense that has Andrew Luck and TY Hilton and an OL that (ostensibly) isn't a total trainwreck and has made other investments in WR (Moncrief/Dorsett) and TE (Allen/probably Doyle soon), not to mention paying Gore a fairly decent amount, for the Colts to only finish #8 in the NFL in points per game (as they did in 2016), I'd argue that's underachieving by a fair amount.

No, Rob Chudzinski isn't wonderful, but he's also not such a complete disastrous trainwreck of a buffoon that he's weighing the offense down by THAT much.

Dalvin Cook, I think, would add enough star power to the offense that we'd quickly rise to the absolute top of the NFL. Making defenses that honest where they'd have to be aware of a guy that's that good at running the ball AND catching the ball out of the backfield would put the offense over the top, I'd imagine (barring any disastrous setbacks with the maturation of the OL).

That said, with the defense literally completely devoid of talent, the roster as it currently stands, I think Dalvin Cook would be too much of a luxury pick. Dorsett was a luxury pick that we couldn't afford, but I also don't think he was as surefire as Dalvin Cook would be. The knock on Dorsett was that he had great speed but wasn't a refined WR on anything besides go-routes and that he actually wasn't a weapon on Special Teams. Go figure, that's what he's proven to be. Dalvin Cook, on the other hand, I do believe is a can't-miss prospect that would really catapult this offense. I just also happen to believe that this defense is absolutely starving for defensive talent.

If I am not mistaken. Cook turns the ball over a lot