View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 01:28 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyEdge32 View Post
Hooray for spirited debate!

My argument for Cook was that he would be the best available prospect and reasons why he would warrant a mid 1st rd pick. I did note that Foster would be the preferable pick, should he still be available.

You make good points about rbs but keep in mind that Chicago has a great run blocking o-line. Miami's line is pretty solid as well. We all know about Pittsburgh and Dallas. The Rams were a disaster. Their line was much worse than Indy's, the qb play was..um... subpar, the play calling was terrible. It's hard to blame Gurley for the terrible season when his team was a complete dumpster fire.

If you want to look at last year's results, 6 of the top 12 sack leaders (Alexander, Golden, Hunter, Avril, Wake, Walden) were selected after round 1. I know they're just mocks and mocks can't be trusted, but I've seen the top 4 available pass rushers rotate between the late first and mid 2nd rounds. There isn't a clear-cut, top guy for the early teens.

Maybe I'm in the minority but IF they don't trade down I'd rather take the best player available, in this case a top rb prospect that can plug in and replace Turbin right now and replace Gore next year (if not later this year), over a reach on a pass rusher. If they're set on pass rush, I wouldn't be upset if they traded down to take one around pick 20 or so.

Like I said, it all depends on what they do in FA. Looking at the past few years, there are usually more pass rushers available than there are decent running backs.
I almost agree, but RB is not as glaring of a need as almost any position on defense. Yes, we have some defensive players capable of doing the job if we cannot find replacements, but we can get by without using our 1st round pick on a RB.