Thread: so Donald Trump
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 10:59 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
My sister and her family voted for Trump.

I won't judge my sister personally for doing this because she is essentially an extension of her husband. Her husband is a good man and she is genuinely lucky to have him. He is also from a small town in Alabama and his family has made it evident they lack the ability to empathize with or comprehend any other perspective than that of the stereotypical white conservative Christian.

My folks are not young. To make matters worse they were both Feds. Pops was a Marine vet and worked for the GSA, Mama was with FPS before entering GSA after Pops retired. My mom has been telling me for years now that her pension is getting stretched further and further, and now I hear the situation could potentially get even worse. They are also trying to take care of my Father's 93 year old sister with moderate dementia who lacks the means to afford the necessary memory care she needs.

My Sister chose to ignore this because she is worried about herself. To an extent I understand, because eventually you make your own family and have to live your own life. What gets me hot is who does she think is going to help our folks out when they finally hit bottom? My wife and I discussed this at length this morning over breakfast and came to the conclusion that if My sister's family had no problem with an administration that is apparently hanging them out to dry, that is their burden to carry.

I had a kid at 24 and got the hell on with my life, I had to get shit poppin. I'm not even going to get into details on how she leaned on my folks into her 30's. I can see rocky times ahead. She's not going to like hearing what I have to say when she tries to tell me she can't care for mom.
Man, I feel you on so much of this. My parents are at that age where they're quickly falling apart now, and I'm actually having to start scheduling time out of my calendar to take them to doctor visits, surgical procedures, etc. I'm so fucking nervous about how much out-of-pocket they may have to incur as this continues on.