View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
There were three additions through the draft, two of which could see PT, one of which could win the starting RG spot. I get them feeling okay about OC, Kelly may bounce back and if he doesn't, Pinter plays well there, that seems to be the only spot he plays well. I think more could've been done with OG, but Ekeyor was seen as a round 3-4 guy by most pre-draft, so he's the type who should be able to come in and compete for a starting spot.
A rookie 4th rounder MAY be counted on to provide some depth. I still want to see a completion. He shouldn’t be handed anything.

A rookie 7th rounder and a rookie UDFA should not be counted on for jack shit. It doesn’t matter than some mocks had the UDFA as 3-4 rounder. The team obviously didn’t see him that way.

It’s still plenty early in the offseason so I’m not going to bitch about it too much, but if nothing else is done this will be another example of one of my major issues with Ballard - gifting young guys spots. Betting it all on his drafting ability. You have a rookie QB, there is nothing more important to his on the field learning than the damn OL. Don’t repeat last years mistake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (05-04-2023), Oldcolt (05-04-2023)