View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
LOL, really? What about those other teams I listed? You didn't even mention any of them. Not even Patriots hate will save you from this idiotic reply. Are you just trolling at this point? Keep dying on Pagano Hill. C'mon man!
Those listed teams haven't had the player talent or when they did, the breaks didn't go their way. Players and variance explain it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Mcvay must be really cheating hard with the rams thus year.
Someone should investigate harbaugh who quickly turns around every program he goes to.
If you'd read the article, you'd know regression to the mean is a thing. Also, Goff is a second year QB who clearly has made the second year jump, they put a lot of talent around him on the offense, and they already had a talented defense. Player talent and variance. Harbaugh's situation is similar, already talented team that finally got something out of the QB position and regressed to the mean based on player talent and variance.

That's not to say I don't think either of them are talented head coaches. They are, but if either one of them had the Browns roster this year, they wouldn't be much better than 0-10, maybe 1-9 or 2-8. Why? Because that roster is bad by NFL standards. The talent on the roster is much more determinant of the team's overall success than anything any coach can do except constantly and consistently cheat.