Thread: Gerald McCoy
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 04:36 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Funchess had an overrated QB with a bum shoulder throwing to him. I'm predicting 60+ catches and 10+ TD's.
Cam isn't that bad. Those numbers would supercede Funchess' best season ever. I hope the guy does well and he isn't another Aiken or Grant. But man, I don't like his stats. He hovers around the 55% catch rate the last two years, which is much lower than Ebron. His 4 year average is 50% (although rookie years are not always fair to include). He got outplayed by a rookie last year in DJ Moore, who reminds me a lot of Cambell. Got benched at the end of the year. Then his fight the other day.

He could be an asset in goal line, with two TE's and Hilton. That would give us a lot of height in the redzone for Luck to find. His TD numbers could be pretty good. People want to compare him to the Ebron signing but I see Ebron as having better numbers and a former QB who throws a notoriously hard ball that is not the easierst to catch. I see him more like Philly's Alshon Jeffrey. Alshon has had up and down hands with numbers in the range you mention. You can see why Reich pushed for him. Jeffrey got roasted for his drop at New Orleans which ended their season. It is not easy to suddenly build chemistry with your QB in one off-season, that takes time and reps.

Still I think he is a stop gap with the suddenly in vogue one year contract. I think they are hoping one of the draft picks will step up by next season. They may talk resigning if he does really well, especially if the draft picks underperform. I don't see ten million in value though. Is he that much better than Inman?

Last edited by Chromeburn; 06-10-2019 at 04:39 PM.