View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
If Chubb is off the board, I wouldn't be upset with Nelson as the pick. It's absolutely defensible--just not the route I would go.
that's sorta where I am too; if Chubb's gone I could live with Nelson (or maybe Smith or Edmunds, for that matter) at 6. Even Barkley, if he somehow dropped that far, although I fear he might struggle behind the Colts OL.

I still feel some may be over-valuing the 6th position (and some of the QBs) in this draft. I expect the most Ballard might be able to get for it would be something like what I mentioned earlier--#12, #53 or #56, and maybe #65.

Not that those picks would make it a "bad" trade for Indy--I'd definitely give it consideration if I were Ballard. I think a lot of scouts feel that this year's 2nd round compares more favorably to previous 2nd rounds than this year's 1st round compares to previous 1st rounds.

So there should still be quality OLs, RBs and CBs in Round Two, maybe even Round Three. Which is why I wouldn't be upset if Ballard did make a trade like the one above with Buffalo--still get a core player at #12, and overall have 7 of the first 67 picks.