View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 03:08 PM

Thanked 1,250 Times in 701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Allen Robinson was coming off an ACL tear, he's not having a particularly great season thus far, and I don't trust that this team would've even kept him on the field.

That said, I'm hoping the reason Ballard squirreled away that cap space is that he's planning to spend it on some of the defenders that could hit free agency this year. You have almost all of last year's tag guys, Suh, Clowney, and a couple more who could all make very interesting free agent targets. Getting Lawrence and Clowney would be ideal, and is possible with nearly $90 million of cap space. That would also allow the Colts to consolidate their top 3 picks if necessary to get their preference of Ed Oliver or Nick Bosa.
I’m not very familiar with the under cap capabilities of other teams to sign their own talent but based on some comments read online I have some concerns that Ballard is setting himself up for a free agent market that either will not be there or will not match our needs. I just hope that in retrospect we dont come to regret not making some investments in free agency this year.