Thread: Hey republicans
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 04:20 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I think those who hitched their wagon to Trump for endorsements got what I expected. I guarantee their were republicans who casted protest votes for Trump endorsed candidates.

Desantis distanced himself from Trump and won lopsidedly in Florida and drug some candidates along that were probably unelectable if running on their own.

If I was the head of the RNC I would be doing some in-depth soul searching and trying to duplicate whatever Florida did before 2024.

Biden had a historical low approval rating, yet people still showed up in large numbers to vote for democrats. That should be very alarming for the GOP. They won't heed the writing on the wall and will continue down the path of McConnel, McCarthy and the rest like them. Just my humble opinion.
well florida let desantis personally gerrymander the fuck out of florida. so that makes sense to some degree. although florida has been moving more red.

the messaging from the republicans has been horrible imo. just basically running on FJB. i don't know what republicans stand for. but young people don't like the christian nationalist bs, the anti-abortion, anti trans, and anti- gay marriage is a losing stance. the repealing social security and cutting medicare is a huge no win. banning everything they don't like is a loss for young votes.

they need to do something. i imagine it will only get worse with all the boomers dying out and gen z starting to vote more.

republicans need policy and not just obstruction.