View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:37 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I'm not upset or numb. We just stink, and Ballard is working on it. I really hope Luck comes back, but the jury is still out on that. The worst I ever felt was losing to PIT in Indy in 2005. The Nick Harper game. That one loss is far worse than this whole season and 2011 combined. Twelve years later and it still stinks. Current events aren't even close.
Oh my goodness, that game.

My dad's season tickets (from 1984 until this season when he gave them up since he could not walk to the stadium anymore) have been in the 4th row of the endzone just to the outside of the goalposts.

The Bettis fumble and Harper scoop was at the far endzone so we could see his return weaving his way towards us. Even when he was running and we saw Big Ben trying to figure out which way he was going, I knew that Harper was going to get tackled.

And with Vandershank lined up for the kick, I just knew that he was going to miss it. And, I was in position to see that it started out inside the goalposts but could see the entire flight as it started edging outside the posts and then missed it by a good margin by the time it crossed the back of the end zone.

Gahhh....getting to watch the full flight of that kick from the point when it got over the linemen to when it hit the net knowing it was bad was crushing.

Yeah, this season is nothing like the walk back to the car from THAT game.

Thanks. Now I will be brooding about that kick for the next 2 hours.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-07-2017), Racehorse (12-07-2017), YDFL Commish (12-07-2017)