View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 12:48 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
Foles has been terrible everywhere except for his half season magic when he won the superbowl. Now clearly Reich was his co-ordinator back then, but personally I don't want Foles anywhere near a Colts roster.
To me, acquiring Foles would be an indication that they plan to trade up and draft a QB. That would be the only positive to it IMO. I've never thought of Foles as anything more than a journeyman placeholder.

That said, there are no good options at this point. Trades for existing QBs would all yield either aging stars who would be a bandaid similar to Rivers or damaged goods that we'd have to trust that the front office sees something they believe they can fix. The top of the free agent market is Jameis Winston, who falls into the aforementioned damaged goods category. The draft will require a trade up, which will consume next year's 1 as well, and possibly more picks. But if we look at Ballard's most recent team prior to the Colts, they have done pretty well with their trade up for a QB they liked. A similar trade by the Colts may be the best option at this point.