View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 06:48 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

In a trade with the Bills scenario, I agree that I would want both 1st round picks to be on the defensive front 7.

1 or 2 of the 2nd round picks could then be O-Line as there are a lot of talented kids who should be available there. We need a right OT for sure and I would not be against drafting a talented OG as well.

But, as Dam said, drafting Edmunds / Smith at #12 and then either a DE or another LB at #22 improves that side of the ball MUCH more than replacing Mewhort/Slauson/Good/Haeg on the offensive line.

Those guys have shown they have at least a bare minimum of NFL talent when healthy.

The delta between them and a stud on the O-line, while probably measurable, is not as big as the gain at LB or DE from whom we have there.

Again, the only proven guys are Sheard and Simon at all 5 of those positions (DE, DE, SSLB, MLB, WSLB). Perhaps Basham progresses. Perhaps Autry shows he is ready for prime time. Perhaps Walker or George or Grace show that they can be the answer but they are all unknowns right now.

Massive Upgrades Needed

Walk Worthy,