View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 11:43 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
What did you expect?

The league is stuck in a bad spot here. They’ve never before suspended someone for having a civil suit brought against them, even if it is for rape. The NFLPA would throw a fit. Yet, they’re taking a PR beating by doing nothing.

The patriots are shitheels who just flat don’t care. They could have AB on tape raping a 9 year old boy and they’d still play him. Everyone knows that. They couldn’t care less.

And here we are. I fully expect him to play full time going forward. Nothings going to come of this.
actually that is what I expected.

I dont think AB should be suspended or put on the exempt list yet. There is an accusation in civil court. It's serious and I dont make light of it, but I dont think the NFL should take action yet. At some point in the future probably but its too early, imo.

As for the Pats, I am sure everyone is tired of them but what can they do? It's probably really hard to prove tampering if they illegally talked to AB or his agent while he was a raider. I think its really up to the owners to collectively pressure kraft behind the scenes to stop playing in the grey areas or out right cheating. but again, nothing will really come of it....