View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 03:24 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,663 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Well the thing is, unless all of the teams agree that none of these guys is "THE GUY"... it's going to be more expensive than it should be for this crop. Even if you don't get ahead of HOU, you still need to outbid stay right behind them. Sucks if these guys are all as iffy as everyone thinks.

Best case seems to me to be if Dam is right and Stroud is a stud worth the price. Because Young is little and Levis gives me Wentz flashbacks, both of whom will give me a heart attack 20 times a game. But really I have no idea this year.
The only two guys in this draft that have shown enough to believe they have the high upside of a franchise QB with minimal bust downside risk are Stroud and Young. Picking between those two, Young carries an extra risk of size as a concern. Stroud does not have that concern. Ultimately I'd be elated with Stroud, satisfied but concerned with Young, and know that we've seen the last of Ballard with Levis or Richardson. Bust potential is through the roof for Levis and Richardson.