View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 01:54 PM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

Heard a rumor Colts are high on Jarrad Davis as an ILB, and have him as a top 20 prospect.

Also saw this post on reddit from someone who claims to have an insider connection. Assuming it's true, one thing that seems to be implicated as that they are considering using a mid-round pick on RB, with Samaje Perine and Brian Hill on their radar. Here's the full post:

"
Most of my information on players, prospects, general insider stuff comes from my friend who works pretty close to the Colts organization. He relays me information, most of it pretty stagnant that I sort of just write off. He's how I got my info on Sheard when he signed before anyone put it out there and the info on Poe (though he didn't sign, which I expected, truthfully).

That being said, just now I got a text from him describing the Colts' draft board, so I figured I could share of that stuff here with you and maybe answer any questions. (Don't worry, I'll add Unreliable Source for those that don't believe me, which is fine)

This one is kind of obvious, but this whole operation is among really three core people: Ballard, Pagano, and Irsay. Not so much Irsay as he's really there to make sure the prospect can directly help the team. Most prospects that they look at generally have to be approved by Pagano to see if they fit or will fit in his mold of the team. It's sort of weird.

Their draft board isn't really a board at all. Apparently it's a web of names connected to each other, like they are prepared for anything that could happen at the draft. There are a lot of names, but a few come up often: Samaje Perine and Brian Hill.

Ballard has his own separate board for the first round, and it's kept pretty secret, and I didn't get any names from my guy on who is on that list, but what I can tell you is that it is someone not a lot of people are expecting to be taken that high.

Colts are actually hard at work trying to find a trade partner. Here's the kicker though: it doesn't necessarily mean trading down. He did mention two teams: Giants and Bengals.

If I get anymore information, I will relay that to you guys ASAP.
"