View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 07:46 AM

Thanked 1,203 Times in 530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think everyone is bummed we didn't win this one. But it has been pointed out by other people, Luck is going to take some time. As you saw Wentz today, it takes time to come back, not just physically, but mentally. Luck has been out awhile.

Also we have a rookie head coach. We see a lot of good, but there will be some bad as well. We know he is already better than Pagano, but this will take time as well. Lots of learning and experience to be gained.

We were hanging with the defending champs, on their field, after they just got beat. They were killing us earlier in the game, yet we still hung with them and really could have won. Those are very good positives.

Finally, until our tackles get healthy, we are not going to see really long pass plays. They are a liability out there.
Agree with all of this.

I think you are seeing the worth of Anthony Castonzo here in the first 3 games of the season. If he were healthy and playing, I think both CIN and PHI are much closer to wins instead of losses. Adding one top end player and letting everyone else "slide" down a position on the depth chart helps in so many ways.

I am really looking forward to seeing this team in the 2nd half of the season once the O-Line gels a bit and everyone gets more comfortable with the systems installed. We are a young team and growing and have been playing exciting football so far.

A couple of other thoughts:

- Bell. Nope. Yeah, he is an offensive weapon and could jump start our offensive system pretty easily but I don't want him at the cost it would take.

- Mack. Different story; could you imagine what our pass rush would have looked like yesterday with Mack as the top end guy? We already had 5 sacks and like a dozen pressures and knock downs. Put Mack in and all that protection slides down a person and all of a sudden, Sheard is getting single blocked on that "holding" play and is beating his man 1v1 instead of getting double teamed. I would have hated paying the price but, man, he is a guy who is worth it.

- I think Reich psyched himself out on this one. He was so convinced that the Eagles defense would destroy us that he put in a "scared" gameplan. A more aggressive gameplan might not have worked but the one we had obviously did not. Young HC; he will improve.

- Defense? Man, I am so excited by there guys. Yes, lots of missed tackles and I don't know how many times I saw multiple Colts helmets RIGHT THERE on one of their RBs at the LOS to see him run for 12 yards. They were RIGHT THERE!! I am really looking forward to seeing this defense in the 2nd half of the season.

- HOU is a mess right now and we should be able to beat them. NE is a mess right now but they always seem to have our number. I could see us be 3-2 after the next two weeks.

Keep freaking, Freaks! This is going to be an exciting ride this season.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (09-24-2018), Hoopsdoc (09-24-2018), Indystu2 (09-24-2018), Oldcolt (09-24-2018), Pez (09-24-2018), Racehorse (09-24-2018)