Thread: Luck news!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 12:49 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Agree completely. It was way too late to hire a quality coach when Ballard got there (thanks a lot Jim)........I forget which politician said this but you never want to waste a good crisis......I think Ballard was perfectly fine rolling with Chuckles cause smart guy that he is realized that the roster was a dumpster fire and would take two solid years of rebuild. By letting Jim keep Pagano he has a perfect target for fan fury while we suck this year while he puts his attention on the massive rebuild that this organization needs. Ballard has gone on record saying that his criteria for coach evaluation is talent development not just wins and losses. I am 100% confident that Pagano will be replaced. I think the only question is whether it will be mid season or not. I think the only scenario for mid season is if we have another massive blowout at a Home game. Jimmy doesn't like to be embarrassed.
I like that quote about not wasting a good crisis.

I dont think he will get replaced mid season unless there is a player mutiny. There is no real advantage to making an in season change unless the players are rebelling.