Thread: Luck off PUP
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
One thing people fail to realize where Irsay is concerned, is that he's seen how all of this plays out before, when the franchise QB, has a severe shoulder injury and is allowed to be rushed back into action before he was healthy.

Bert Jones.

Bert Jones shoulder injury in 1978 basically ruined his career and ruined the hopes of another lackluster franchise (Baltimore Colts) for years to come.

You think Irsay wants to see that scenario played out again, under his watch? That's why he's pushing Luck to take it slow and not come back until it's a virtual certainty that not only will Luck be better, but he will not suffer any setbacks or risk of re-injury.

I also do believe that Irsay IS keeping Pags at arms length away from Luck, so that Pags won't be trying to convince Luck to come back too soon.

Do I believe that Pags has not seen Luck throw? Of course not. In fact I believe that he's seen enough that he thinks Luck could come back now.

But Irsay is pulling the strings, and you can see the frustration from Pags because of it. He knows that he can't coach this team to save his job without Luck.
I'm hoping that even Luck coming back won't save Pagano's job !!
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-03-2017)