Thread: Luck off PUP
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 09:17 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycolts2 View Post
The whole thing seems kind of ridiculous and IMO it started when Irsay said they decided not to have the surgery done when he missed all those games due to the lacerated kidney issue because they thought time would heal it. Since the surgery the secrecy that involved some of the most cryptic bullshit from all the main characters has contributed to the Colts beginning to look like an organization that could rival others for being dysfunctional.
We do look childish. It's discouraging to hear the local guys all sort of provide cover for all this clandestine BS from the team (though DD and Kravitz both seemed to sink their teeth into the very latest from Irsay with the interview last week where he explained that Luck will only come back when he is ready to come back--- no shit Jim!).

Nationally they take a fair amount of heat for how this whole Luck thing has been handled and rightfully so. I read one article flat out calling Irsay a liar in regards to Luck's health simply to prevent a collapse of the ticket base- and sadly I am not so sure I don't ascribe to that notion. What's the downside for Irsay if he keeps the spirits up by falsely claiming he's gonna play somewhere between weeks 1 and 6 but he doesn't? So we lose the 53rd man from the roster- so what. However if the buying public knows Luck is not going to be on the field, look at that home schedule during that time- those games become near pre-season games from the public's perspective. Sure some will turn out for Bruce's return the 2nd week, but Cleveland, the 9ers, the Jags? TV coverage would not be able to hide the stupid level of empty seats for those games. So I can buy into this premise that Jim knows Luck is not playing, potentially much deeper into the season if at all, but just can't bring himself to tell the world that for support reasons.

To me this is on par with both the disasters that were the Edge and Bob injury situations. The team managed to mangle both of those situations. As great as Edge was and as instrumental as Bob was to bringing home a title- you can replace those positions quickly and the fall off is not that significant, a once a generation QB- not so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
indycolts2 (09-03-2017)