View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 04:33 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Please. No.

Frank Gore, who is a top 5 ALL TIME running back in just about every stat has averaged 3.7, 3.9, 3.7 ypc in his 3 seasons with the Colts. Granted, he is 61 years old but anyone watching could see that his effort on the field was that of someone a decade younger than his actual age. He brought it EVERY game and he could not crack 4.0 ypc behind this line.

I don't know that Barry Sanders would average 4.0 ypc behind this offensive line.

Fix the O-Line FIRST before getting a high-pick RB.

Okay, sure. We sign 2 sure-fire OG starters in free agency better than Good & Haeg and draft OT in the 1st round of the draft, then, yeah, draft RB in the 2nd or 3rd round (but after Pass Rush, please).

But, otherwise? No.

Walk Worthy,
Sherck. Don't explain things to me like I don't know about the OL problems. Of course the OL is top priority. But we are not fixing the OL with a second or third round pick. We're fixing it with FA, a new scheme on offense, better coaching, and maybe a high first round pick. Most OL don't develop enough in college anymore.

Frank Gore is a very good back for his age. I'm happy to bring him back for another year to transition to our new lead back. But he's old and will slow down or get hurt. Happens to everyone.

I'm not convinced Mack is the guy at all. I don't think he can carry the ball 20 times a game and I don't think there's evidence to expect him to. We do need a Gore replacement. Whether he re-signs or not.

I don't really want Barkley. I don't believe in high first round RBs. You don't need one to succeed, at all. But even if you just look at the numbers, the large majority of top RBs are drafted in the first three rounds. If a guy like Michel is available in the third and we got some good prospects in the first couple of rounds I'm in favor of drafting him. A dynamic back like him coupled with a better OL will only help Luck and our new OC better implement the new offense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (01-10-2018), YDFL Commish (01-10-2018)