View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Absolutly not worth it.

"A couple of draft picks...." is a huge understatement. The deal that was bantered about earlier was:

Swap of 1st round picks this year.
Give both our 2nd round picks this year.
Give our 1st round pick next year.
Give Jacoby Brissett.

That about right?

Ballard picked an All-Pro off the ball Linebacker in the 2nd round this year.
Ballard picked a starting calibre right Offensive Tackle in the 2nd round this year.
Ballard picked a generational talent at Offensive Guard in the 1st round this year.

Giving away that many chances at good to superior players in order to draft ONE player with superior potential is the way franchises are run into the ground.

I don't care is Quinnen Williams is the 2nd coming of J.J. Watt, Aaron Donald and Reggie White combined, he is one injury away from being out of football. He is one bad decision away from being in jail. He is one targeted catfish sting away from being in legal trouble. He is one video game console from being addicted so much that he walks away from football (I could not resist).

I would MUCH rather see what Ballard can do with those four draft picks as is (plus potentially a 5th draft pick if someone comes calling for Brissett with a 2nd round pick) rather than roll it all into ONE guy who may or may not play up to his potential.

Walk Worthy,
You combined the two proposals there. I wouldn't give up Brissett on top of all the draft picks, but Arizona likely has no interest in Brissett. Arizona likely wouldn't do either proposal, anyway, as both are light for the #1 overall pick. They'd have to view Brissett as worth a top 5 pick and completely devalue the QB they spent a top 10 pick on last year to do HoosierinFL's proposal.