View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 07:24 AM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
If you would give up that much you have no chance of being right. Ballard wouldn’t trade that for Donald right now and neither would I

I believe Dam was responding to the post about what it would take to move up to the #1 overall pick in this upcoming draft. His proposed trade would be closer but I doubt Arizona would agree to it.

Just the year before, the Colts were able to secure 3 Second Round picks from the Jets to move up 3 spots from Pick 6 to Pick 3.

So HoosierinFL's proposal of Brissett and 1 Second Round pick to move up 25 spots would be met with a dial tone from Arizona.

Dam's 2 Second Round picks and next year's First Round pick to swap Arizona's and the Colt's Firsts this year would probably be met with a counter offer wanting additional assets.

xxxxxx

But, I am in complete agreement with you that Ballard won't be looking to move up that far. I wouldn't mind him trying to move up a little from 26 if the price isn't too high. I am sure the front office will explore all kinds of options.

Besides their "home run" of talent evaluation last year, I thought that Ballard and his team did an exceptional job of maneuvering up and down the draft. I liked the trades with Philly to move 3 spots down and the trade with Cleveland to move 3 spots up.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 02-17-2019 at 07:53 AM.