View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 09:38 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
That's the article! Now, what does a QB have to do with a 3-4 defense?
Nothing.

All they are trying to say is that Ballard has been bringing people in that fit a "specific" image of what he wants to do with the team and that Kaaya might be in that image for the QB situation.

As a basis for this thought pattern, Stampede Blue did an in-depth article (located here) that tries to show that all the defensive free agents and drafted players from 2017 fit a 4-3, cover 3 zone defensive scheme (think SEA Legion of Boom) much better than a 3-4 scheme. They use this as "evidence" that Ballard has known since last year who his new head coach was going to be (pointing towards Toub IMO) and what styles of offense/defense were going to be installed. Because Ballard knew ahead of time, then if he brings in a QB before the end of the season, that QB must fit whatever system we are going to.

Looking at Kaaya's NFL.com Draft Profile, he strikes me as a "West Coast Offense" kind of guy with a quick release, rhythm type of play. Some quotes from an article on HogsHaven.com (Redskins site)
Quote:
I'm not a big fan of Brad Kaaya in that I wouldn't want to build my O around, but can see him having success in a West Coast O like Wentz
— Ian Wharton (@NFLFilmStudy) January 7, 2017
Quote:
Brad Kaaya's full 2016 accuracy chart is alarming. Only excelled on short passes.
— Ian Wharton (@NFLFilmStudy) January 8, 2017
That is the thin line of reasoning many are going to to try and make the signing of Kaaya more than perhaps it is.

Walk Worthy
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
indycolts2 (01-09-2018)