View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think Ebron is our best weapon with Hilton out. I think his drops are blown a little out of proportion. And he fights the negativity that cling to him from Detroit. How many times did the announcers talk about it. Edelman dropped a huge pass, their WRs dropped passes, Gronk fumbles, our WRs dropped and fumbled. Ebron is not the problem imo, the WRs need to pick it up. They are the problem.

He made some great grabs. Was overthrown a couple times. He had that first drop for a first down he never would have gotten. But after that I thought he looked great. He has been scoring touchdowns for us and has been healthy. LBs can’t stay with him and he goes over the top of corners, he has been getting open consistently.

So far he has been doing well for us and his contribution is much more than any of our other receiving threats. Don’t know what the problem is.
I mostly agree with you, though I do get what GBB is saying. Sometimes, particularly with poorly thrown balls, Ebron gives you the impression he isn’t going all out. He won’t leap or dive for some balls, perhaps because he views them as impossible to catch, but I’m so used to other players make an effort in such circumstances - even if hopeless - that it kind of sticks out.

That being said, it does feel to me like the guy could be a special player. Something about him – maybe it’s the combo of his size, speed and physicality – just stands out, moreso than Swoope or even Doyle. I won’t kid myself and say he’ll ever have Doyle’s reliable hands, but I'm pretty optimistic he’ll become an elite receiving tight end for the Colts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (10-05-2018)