View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
The Colts are about $20m under the cap for 2017. With needed "churn" space from in-season roster moves (mostly to replace players going to season ending IR), I bet that they roll more than $17m of it into 2018.

If the 2018 cap rises as expected to around $175m, then the Colts will be about around $70m under that number.

Added together, Ballard will have around $85m in cap space to re-sign our own (Moncrief, Mewhort and V Davis being the high priced targets) and sign new talent.

A bad season in 2017 also increases the chances of finding some studs in the 2018 draft for a new Head Coach to mold into future pro-bowlers!

So, enjoy the 2017 season as we can and know that the future is still pretty bright!

Keep repeating to yourself all season "young player talent development.......young player talent development......"

Walk Worthy,
So reading between the lines you could say we should have a much better QB situation. However because of the great unknown in the medical community about "simple labrum repair" as Irsay phrased it they didn't think it would take this long for Luck to return to the field and essentially relegated the Colts to a shit season because apparently everyone got it wrong.

That's right............I'm whining like a little bitch while I'm stuck in Laredo, Texas 2,000 miles from home waiting for a phone call to get the wheels rolling again, what else am I gonna do?