View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 02:50 PM

OK, I'll take a serious shot.

First of all, if the chattering classes, the guys who get paid to cover the league, are to be believed, the Colts have a wretched roster, filled with guys who can't play. Andrew Luck's been injured for the better part of two years, the OL can't block, the Defense sucks, and the running game is average at best.

And, yet, the Colts haven't folded. They haven't descended to the depths of mediocrity that we see in places like San Francisco. 8 and 8 might be unacceptable in Indy, but for teams like the Jets, it'd be a revelation.

I don't know how much credit that Chuck gets for that. But, he has to get some. Half the coaches in the league would've lost the locker room. Half the coaches in the league would've taken the exact guys the Colts are playing with and led them to a top 5 pick in the draft.

Don't get me wrong. Chuck is fully capable of making boneheaded moves, and I'm not sure if he's walking the sidelines at this point a year from now.
But, make no mistake, while there are better coaches out there, there are also worse.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
Dam8610 (10-11-2017)