View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 10:54 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I'm not sure I understand the "better value" concept.

I believe that there were many people on this board (and in the press) who said taking a guard at number six was stupid because you could get someone else later in the draft. How does Nelson's draft selection look now?

Now Leonard, that was great value at a second pick, looking back. But I'm betting there were some people who where critical because he was a small school guy, they could have waited until the 3rd round.

Every player in a sport can have a $ value placed on his by every single team. Some teams value other positions or talents differenly than others, or characteristics that a player may have or not have.

I think the Ballard really wants guys who love to play. They will need physical talent, but the LOVE to play. They are team guys, they are workaholics and they are driven. I'm not sure how you put that into a metric.
The bold has nothing to do with what I said. It's really very simple. You create a ranked list of your individual prospect ratings. If you get to 26 and a WR is clearly rated higher that a pass rusher on your board, you take the WR and hope one of the pass rushers is available in Rd 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
JAFF (01-24-2019)