View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 11:09 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Good info and insight as always. Thank you. I must admit I was pretty disappointed with the showing last night, as I genuinely expected them to perform above expectations. Still, I remind myself that most of the problems centered upon the young players, and hopefully they'll get better as the season wears on and the pro coaching takes root. A couple questions:

Did Castonzo play at all yesterday?

Any thoughts on Ebron? I know the obvious answer is that he drops too many passes, but I was a bit surprised to hear than his 105 yards last night was a career high. To my untrained eye he seems like he could be dominant, and I really think he's going to be a good pickup for us even with the drops.
Ebron picked up as the game went along, and ostensibly played pretty well. And while I think DET fans were ridiculously hard on him, there's still something about his game that bothers me. I haven't quite figured it out. I get the impression -- making clear this is just an IMPRESSION and I don't know the on-field reality or what's really going through his head -- that he just doesn't sell out on plays. There have been a few balls he could have given himself a chance to catch that he didn't, a few routes he could have run through, a few times he could have bodied a DB and didn't.

And right when I'm getting frustrated, he makes a great grab or bodies a DB.

So I can't figure it out. He looked better between the 20s last night than he has previously, but for now, I'd say: great RZ weapon, but not appreciably better than Swoope between the 20s.