View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 03:00 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

If anything, I'd kind of see that opposite. Matt Ryan wasn't on the table until a few days before he signed with us. That part was lucky. But having patience not to settle for a QB early and go out and spend all your fucking money and build a team and situation that would be appealing for him to join... I can't call that luck.

Same with Washington. I suppose you could say we were lucky that somebody needed a QB. But selling Wentz for a 2nd and a 3rd and his contract... Washington didn't come to the table with that price.
The timing was lucky on Ryan, but he had other options and was willing to wait and not act impulsively, so I give him credit. Washington wanting Wentz was luckier than hell, I see no indication that other teams were interested and Washington was not the only team that NEEDED a QB. Maybe he got more for Wentz than other GMs could have, I don't know if that is true or not, but having someone willing to take Wentz off our hands after we totally shit the bed when we acquired him was pure luck in my opinion...but what does it really matter, I like how it worked out, I'm just not in awe of Ballard because of it.